This is one of the most prosperous cards of the suit of cups. The Ten of Cups card bears a picture of a happy family comprising a man and his wife and their two children playing near them. The couple looks at their home on the hill while, above them, a beautiful rainbow fills the sky displaying 10 cups. It is also always good to know about the opposing card, the 10 of Cups Reversed or Ten of Cups Reversed.
The family shares a bond of love and happiness.
The 10 of Cups in an Upright Position
Here the ten cups in the shape of a rainbow symbolize peace and good fortune. The home in the cups tarot represents stability, while the grassy hills stand for fertility; and the river for flowing emotions. The rainbow signifies that their dark days are over and happiness is around the corner.
The couple’s raised hands signify gratitude to the Divine. The children stand for innocence and playfulness.
What Is Indicated When the Ten of Cups Is in An Upright Position
- This cups tarot card meaning stands for the cup of happiness being full to the brim.
- The family has attained a long-desired goal that makes them very happy.
- Family differences are resolved and relationships are soon to be strengthened.
- The bonds of love and happiness are always possible, says this card.
Ten of Cups Personality Types in Upright Position
- The seeker is a spiritual and optimistic person and a perfectionist.
- He is keen to keep others in his life happy.
- The seeker needs to have a family, job and social relations.
- He seeks a happy and stress-free life, away from the hidden hostilities in his life.
- He is extremely idealistic and romantic too.
The 10 of Cups in a Reverse Position
This card is not a positive card. It shows that harmony, satisfaction and love in a person’s life have vanished. They are replaced by dissatisfaction and conflict where the home atmosphere is not congenial and points to unstable family relationships.
There may be secrets within the family and a lot of disharmony with a person trying to be double-faced. Infertility is also suggested here.
What Is Indicated When the 10 of Cups Is in A Reversed Position
- In the reversed position, the seeker experiences broken relations with his family.
- His idealized picture of peace at home is now shattered.
- There’s a distance between the seeker and his relations.
- The seeker yearns for happy family moments.
- He needs to learn to appreciate those around him.
10 of Cups Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- The seeker’s quest for happiness has made him unfulfilled and dejected. This is due to his high expectations.
- The seeker is manipulative, rigid and forces his principles on others.
- Once he achieves his desires, he finds them shallow and undesirable.
- He is a control freak and believes he is at the pinnacle of perfection.
Ten of Cups in a Time-Based Position
Past: The seeker comes from a stable background, free of all negativity.
Present: This card depicts that the seeker is satisfied with life, having achieved all his goals.
Future: The seeker has a perfect image of his future. To achieve it, he must work hard.
Work or Education: Your colleagues will look to you for help and encouragement.
Romance: If you’re in a relationship, this is a good time for you. You can expect to marry now. If you’re single, your new relationship might be the right one for you.
Friends: You have a good set of close friends. If not, you might soon find a good friend.
Money: Money is of no consequence to you right now, so quit worrying about it for now.
Health: If you’re healthy, you will continue to remain so, but if you’re ailing, don’t expect any improvement in your health.
Spirituality and Mentality: You have a lot of experience of life, so help others get to where you already are.
An aspiration card, the Ten of Cups shows the importance of happiness in a family and how it can make your life beautiful.
You can find more information on all Tarot Cards here and if you want to know about the history behind this card you can visit here.