In the 3 of Cups or Three of Cups card, we see three young women holding a celebratory cup each in their hands. They are dancing and looking at each other with respect and appreciation. This card of the suit of cups shows there is a strong bond of friendship among the ladies and it seems that they are celebrating each one’s distinctive contribution to their friendship. Then there is the opposite card i.e. the 3 of Cups Reversed or Three of Cups Reversed that one should also be aware of.
They stand on sandy ground. Nearby, there are vines and wildflowers that run along the ground and a pumpkin—all symbols of an abundant harvest and the reason for their celebration. The blue skies above represent carefree days, while the laurel wreaths on their heads represent status, glory, victory, and recognition.
The 3 of Cups in an Upright Position
Generally, this cups tarot card indicates a celebration or reunion. It could also mean that someone from your past will re-enter your life. Social events like parties, weddings, engagements or festivals are highlighted here.
You are now at the cusp of a happy phase in your life. Your social calendar is full as you enjoy yourself with open-hearted people. This cups tarot card exudes positivity and indicates that happy times are around the corner.
What Is Indicated When the Three of Cups Is in An Upright Position
- The 3 of Cups pertains to a happy time in one’s life where one spends a lot of time with family and friends
- One can also reunite with a loved one, friend or relative and celebrate it
- Celebrations now could be weddings, birthdays or any milestone event
- This cups tarot card means that any problems one has had in one’s social life will end now. You can resolve any nagging problems and find solutions for them
3 of Cups Personality Types in Upright Position
- The personality here is a typical extrovert and fun-loving
- This person is known for his or her personal style
- This individual is surrounded by an abundance of all kinds, including opportunities
The 3 of Cups tarot card reversed points to a celebration gone awry, resulting in bitching, malice, jealousy and ill-feeling towards friends. The background is just the same as in the Upright cups tarot card, which means that the environment is the same but it is the women who have changed towards each other.
What Is Indicated When the 3 of Cups Is in A Reversed Position
- The individual drawing the 3 of Cups has neither any friends nor the time to socialize
- Perhaps this person has lost touch with his closest friends or has grown away from them
- There is also an absence of balance in the friends’ circle, making them envious of each other.
Three of Cups Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- The individual is not trustworthy or could be cheating on his friends
- The person will snatch what he cannot get by fair means
- He is an attention-seeker but cannot express his feelings
- He is depressed and fears rejection
The 3 of Cups in a Time-Based Position
Past: The cups tarot card meaning for this is that, the person should recall the days of abundance that he enjoyed and ensure something similar for a good future.
Present: He should begin a venture that will ensure his future.
Future: He should reconnect with old friends and achieve some balance in life.
Work or Education: After tasting success in a project, involve yourself in a new one.
Romance: The signs here indicate the birth of a baby. You might rekindle old passions.
Friends: Forgive old friends for past devilry and patch up with them.
Money:Be careful with money earned recently and save it wisely.
Also Read: How To Get Your Finances In Order
Health: There will be a positive change in your physical and mental health.
Spirituality and Mentality: Render community service and enjoy some peace.
Conclusion Overall, 3 of Cups or Three of Cups is one of positivity. While in the upright position, it explores your social side, in the reversed position, it suggests social isolation. This card advises you to be good to others.