One of the most challenging cups tarot cards of the suit of cups, the 7 of cups is a tough nut to crack. Cups meanings are generally related to feelings. The Seven of Cups card depicts a man dressed in black looking at seven cups high up in the sky, each bearing good and bad gifts, such as jewels, a house, a beautiful woman, a serpent, etc. From his outstretched hands, we can tell that he’s astonished by the wealth of gifts in front of him. It is also always good to know about the opposing card, the 7 of Cups Reversed or Seven of Cups Reversed.
While the cups tarot meaning and clouds signify his dreams and wishes, the various gifts suggest that he be careful of what he wishes for as not everything is as rosy as it seems. He must base his choices on what is right for him rather than be caught up in an illusion and external beauty.
The Seven of Cups in an Upright Position
This cups tarot card meaning points to an individual being faced with several likely options that overwhelm him. He must, therefore, limit his choices to make them manageable so that he can give them his best.
The seeker must decide realistically so that he improves his situation rather than live in fantasy land. In this way, he can have a great future.
What Is Indicated When the Seven of Cups is in An Upright Position
- The seeker signifies the need for focus in his life and artistic projects
- The snake stands for animal wisdom; the castle for stability; the cup of jewels abundance of wealth
- The laurel wreath represents victory and honor; the dragon danger
- The figure is dressed in black to symbolize being in the dark about the right choice
7 of Cups Personality Types in Upright Position
- This cups tarot card denotes that the seeker is lost in illusions and cannot narrow down his choices
- He seeks refuge in fantasies to escape from reality
- He seeks meaning in life
- The seeker has unrealistic expectations and cannot decide
The 7 of Cups in a Reverse Position
Overall, this cups tarot card indicates that you see the road ahead clearly and you are coming down to earth after all your needless fantasizing. You make good decisions now. If you’re in a love relationship, the card reveals that you now see which way your relationship is headed. If there are problems with your relationship, address them now.
What Is Indicated When the 7 of Cups Is in A Reversed Position
- The seeker is now clear about his choices and is returning to reality after living in his fantasies
- He will act decisively
7 of Cups Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- This card reveals that the seeker is being affected by a poisonous past or secret on the part of someone
- He cannot handle the truth about any situation
- The seeker doesn’t take advice
- He cannot get out of unhealthy lifestyle patterns
Seven of Cups in a Time-Based Position
Past: This means that the seeker has wasted a lot of time in indecision. Spend time to test your feelings and decide.
Present: Here, you will be swamped with choices. So, choose the best from this but decide.
Future: A tough choice is coming your way, so decide with care.
Work or Education: If you choose a course, first find out its benefits to you. Do what’s best for you.
Romance: You may have more than one romantic partner to choose from. Take your time to decide. If you’re in a relationship, don’t rush into deepening it, but do it slowly.
Friends: Look out for genuine friends and eliminate those who try to take advantage of you.
Money: Focus on your expenses and ensure that you don’t overspend. Look for good offers and try to get the best deal.
Health: Eat healthy food and don’t give in to fat diets.
Spirituality and Mentality: See reality as it is and don’t be overwhelmed by any aspect of your life.
This card focuses on remaining focused on reality more than imagination, and on making the right decision without any loss of time.