In the 9 of Cups tarot card, a man is depicted seated comfortably on a wooden bench. His arms are crossed across his chest and he smiles with contentment. On a high curved table behind him is a line-up of nine cups. The cups stand for emotional fulfillment after achieving one’s most important wishes. It is also always good to know about the opposing card, the 9 of Cups Reversed or Nine of Cups Reversed.
The Nine of Cups in an Upright Position
The nine cups arranged in a semi-circular shape represent a world of abundance and immense satisfaction with life. The solidity of the wooden bench means one is grounded. The red hat of the man represents his fiery passion, while his blue clothes stand for his good health and serenity. His yellow shoes signify that he is on the path of happiness and energy.
What Is Indicated When the Nine of Cups Is in An Upright Position
- This card is one of wish fulfillment, abundance and satisfaction and being proud of one’s achievements.
- The seeker here enjoys all the good things in life after the spiritual fulfillment of the Eight of Cups.
- Here, he returns to the material world with a new life purpose.
9 of Cups Personality Types in Upright Position
- The seeker enjoys and celebrates all things beautiful in life.
- He has high self-esteem and is flamboyant and successful due to his own efforts.
The 9 of Cups in a Reverse Position
Generally, this card in reversed position signifies broken dreams or wishes that turn into nightmares. Though the seeker might achieve his goals, he will later be disappointed to find that it wasn’t what he hoped for. This card is one of unhappiness and lack of wish fulfillment.
There’s a lot of pessimism and a feeling of dejection in the reverse spread. The person feels frustrated at not being recognized for his accomplishments. He has low self-esteem and gives into bad food habits.
What Is Indicated When the Nine of Cups Is in A Reversed Position
- This card forces the seeker to think hard about all that he wants in life.
- It shows that the seeker is desperate for fulfillment in life.
- He almost achieves his goals, but on close inspection, he finds something missing.
- Overall, he is dissatisfied with life and it seems that he stares at a never-ending black pit.
- This card advises him to look for a good quality of life.
- His true strengths lie in his strong family bonds and with the community.
Nine of Cups Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- The seeker leads an empty life and one of over-indulgence leading to pain.
- His lifestyle habits are obesity, addictions and he is often exploited by others.
- He does not have genuine friends and he does not understand what strong relationships are.
- He is unhappy and lacks spirituality and is completely materialistic.
Nine of Cups in a Time-Based Position
Past: You’re proud of past achievement, but you have stagnated there instead of moving onto better things.
Present: The card in this position proves that things will work out in your favor.
Future: Perhaps, you’re starting a new project. Don’t be intimidated by it, just dive in and do well.
Work or Education: You’re ready to move ahead in life, but are waiting for the right signal.
Romance: You will soon meet a likely partner. You’re very confident and you have many achievements to rave about.
Friends: You will grow apart from your friends. It’s up to you to assure them that you haven’t changed.
Money: Very soon, you will get wealth in one form or another.
Health: If you’ve undergone lab tests, the result will be good.
Spirituality and Mentality: Don’t dwell too much on the material. Instead, concentrate on the future.
This card is one of self-satisfaction after achieving the best in life. It is a pleasure-seeker’s life of total satisfaction and enjoyment.