The Nine of Swords tarot card shows a woman sitting in bed holding her face in her hands. She has probably had a nightmare that has forced her to sit up, scared. Nine swords hang on a black wall beside her, standing for the negative thoughts that disturb her. There is also the opposite card i.e. the 9 Of Swords Reversed or Nine Of Swords Reversed which is also explained below for the benefit of our readers.
9 of Swords in an Upright Position
As with other cards in the Suit of Swords, this tarot sword card depicts fear. However, this one depicts one’s high fear level which seems exaggerated. The seeker’s fear represents his burdens, negative thinking and sadness.He is unable to cope with his problems and could snap at any moment. The seeker wants to go back to a previous time to change the past if he could. He feels lonely and isolated which manifests as nightmares.
What Is Indicated When the Nine of Swords Is in An Upright Position
- This tarot sword card meaning shows worry, sleeplessness and anxiety.
- If this card appears with the Moon, it could point to mental health problems.
9 of Swords Personality Types in Upright Position
- He is often subject to others’ cruelty.
- He is sensitive and is always dragged into quarrels, though all he wants is some comfort.
- The Seeker strives for perfection, which soon becomes a nightmare. He is a natural worrier and is always stressed out.
- He is constantly uneasy which makes people edgy and irritable when he’s around.
9 of Swords in a Reverse Position
Reversed, the Nine of Swords tarot card signifies seeing a silver lining after troubled times. Perhaps, the seeker is getting over a bout of depression or is letting go of all stress and negativity and is learning to manage his life.
What Is Indicated When the Nine of Swords Is in A Reversed Position
- In the reversed position too, the sword tarot meaning depicts that seeker is terrorized by stress and anxiety.
- Past trauma haunts him and he finds unresolved problems too overwhelming to handle.
- The seeker is very keen to get over his nightmares and is ready to put in the required effort for this.
- He should try not to be any sadder but should seek a way out of his anxiety.
9 of Swords Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- This personality is very rigid about his views.
- He believes he is a victim of the world’s cruelty.
- He does not question his motives and does not take responsibility for his actions.
- The seeker is confused, ill-informed and ignorant.
Nine of Swords in a Time-Based Position
Past: Though you might have come out of stress and anxiety in the past, don’t think that you will do so in the future too. Things change as life is dynamic.
Present: If you’re suffering, something equally bad will happen to you. Despite this, be optimistic and you will ultimately come out of your trials.
Future: If you continue as you are, you will continue to face anxiety. Try to change what’s not right in your life and the tide will turn for you.
Work or Education: Instead of worrying, let go and your worries will disappear.
Romance: If something’s bothering you, speak up or it will grow into something big.
Friends: Perhaps, a rift has formed in your friends’ circle, which you want to stay away from. If you’re guilty, own up, or else walk away.
Money: You’ve been ignoring the financial mess you’ve landed in, but it’s time to tackle it head-on.
Health:If you’re stressed about anything, deal with it now.
Also read: How to Rebuild Broken Trust
Spirituality and Mentality: Calm down and stop going over all the little bits of your life. Don’t search for perfection in every aspect of your life.
This card highlights worry and anxiety in a person’s life because he seeks perfection in an imperfect world. The card advises him to destress and not seek perfection. If you wish to know more about this card visit here.