In the Nine of Wands, we can see a weary-looking male leaning against a tall wand. The other eight flowering wands are in an upright position behind him. They look like a fence. There are also mountains in the background that are a sign of boundaries.
The man seems injured as he has a bandage on his head. Even with the injury, he has a determined look on his face. It is the look that you have when you know you are going to fight again, and this time you are going to win.
The Nine of Wands in the Upright Position
In the upright position, this card represents:
- Realizing you are stronger than you imagined
- Standing your ground
- Not giving up
- Ongoing battle
- Perseverance and determination
- Close to victory
This card indicates that you are drained and feeling like giving up. However, this card reminds you that you are halfway through the battle. Gather up the last bit of strength and go for victory. You have to continue despite feeling fatigued. If you didn’t succeed this time, try again.
When the upright Nine of Wands shows up in a reading related to career and business, it is a sign of being in limbo. This card is encouraging you not to give up. Keep your resolve through the tough times, and you’ll triumph.
When this card shows up in a love and relationship reading, it suggests that your relationship may be experiencing rocky times. Consider if the relationship is worth saving as the tough times can drain you. If you are single, this card indicates that a negative relationship in the past may be affecting how you approach love. Although you may feel like you’ll never get over the past, don’t give up on love. Work on yourself, and you’ll attract the right person.
The Nine of Wands in a money and investment reading may show that you are strapped for cash. You may have faced some setbacks in your finances, which may have left you without money. Look out for ways you can make an extra coin if you don’t have savings. The card also advises you that this is a good time to be more conscious of how you use your money.
When this card appears in a Tarot spread related to your health, it may mean that you are feeling too weak from a disease that you have been battling for a long time. However, this card points out that things are about to change. You need to find some extra ounce of energy that will help you sprint through the last mile.
Nine of Wands in the Reversed Position
In the reversed position this card indicates:
- Being stubborn
- Being careless
This inverted minor card suggests that you lack will power and determination. You may be having self-doubt or fear, which may be holding you back from reaching your goals.
Nine of Wands in the Time Based Position
- Past – In this position, this minor card relates to an experience that left you bruised and tired. Although you succeeded, you are still rebuilding your strength from this period.
- Present – In the present, this card shows that you may have been facing a lot of challenges lately. You may be feeling worn out, but this card tells you that you will need to find some strength to handle one more challenge before you triumph.
- Future – In the future position, the Nine of Wands may indicate that you have a fear of the unknown. However, this card advises you to focus on now and the things you can control if you want to feel more positive about the future.
Nine of Wands and Other Associations
- Element – Fire
- As a yes or no answer – Not sure
The Nine of Wands is a card of endurance and resilience. It represents a person who won’t take no for an answer. It is a no retreat, no surrender card, which results in positive outcomes.