This card shows the King of Cups sitting on a stone throne. He is dressed in a blue tunic and a gold cape, which symbolize his status and authority. A fish pendant can be seen in his neck, pointing to his creativity. The cup in his right-hand stands for emotions, while the scepter in his left hand symbolizes his power.
The fact that he doesn’t look at his cup as in other cup court cards means that his attention is elsewhere because he has gained control over his emotions.
He rests his feet on a granite block in the middle of the sea. On one side, a fish jumps out of the waters, while on the other, a ship tries to tame the turbulent waters. From these images, we understand that even in crises, the king remains calm.
King of Cups in an Upright Position
To achieve one’s goals, one must always stay focused and practical. If one is trying to search for some emotional stability, this card comes as a blessing.
It will listen to your wishes and guide you to achieve them, just like a mentor. To remain focused on one’s goals, one must accept the advice of the knowledgeable.
What Is Indicated When the King of Cups Is in An Upright Position
- The King of Cups is a loving, mature man and a mentor.
- In marriage, he is loyal, supportive, understanding and loving.
- He is calm, sagacious and diplomatic.
King of Cups Personality Types in Upright Position
- The seeker is a kind and gentle leader, defender and mentor who offers advice from his own experiences.
- He is popular among his colleagues and friends and has very good social and emotional skills.
- He is confident, a good manager, intelligent and a good leader.
- He also has a spiritual side and a knowledge of various cultures and lifestyles.
King of Cups in a Reverse Position
This card shows the loss of balance and emotional instability. When a seeker is faced with a problem, he loses the capacity to handle it with the wisdom and compassion he was known for.
He cannot offer the guidance people seek, so he is kind to some people but not to others. He may be manipulative, vindictive and a control freak.
What Is Indicated When the King of Cups Is in A Reversed Position
- The seeker is being prevented from expressing his feelings.
- He cannot motivate himself or others, is selfish, mean and cannot offer good leadership.
- He hates other cultures.
King of Cups Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- This person wants to control others; he is selfish and self-centered.
- He is insecure and dissatisfied.
King of Cups in a Time-Based Position
Past:Perhaps, you were a negotiator in a situation—an event that affects your present.
Present: You need to make a difficult decision. Think about it seriously before you decide. You may come in contact with someone powerful and helpful.
Future:Look for positive help in the form of a business partner or mentor.
Work or Education:You need to impress your male boss that you can take care of yourself.
Romance:If you’re looking for love, you’ll find someone mature and intelligent.
Friends:You’ll find a new friend soon and perhaps will be regarded as the leader of your gang.
Money:You must sort out your money tangles now and relook at your expenses.
Health:Listen to your body and make the necessary lifestyle changes.
Spirituality and Mentality: Spend some time to think whether your life is balanced or not.
The benevolence and positive attitude of the King of Cups in an upright position are turned on their heads in a reversed position. The cards advise that an individual should remain focused on his goals and never become self-centered.