The Four of Swords tarot card depicts a knight lying on a tomb with a sword sheathed on the side of the tomb. It is hooked up on his side representing a single focus, while the three that hang above him point downwards to his body. There is also the opposite card i.e. the 4 Of Swords Reversed or Four Of Swords Reversed which is also explained below for the benefit of our readers.
He is dressed in full regalia and his hands are crossed over each other in resting position. The stained-glass window above him shows an angel praying for his well-being while in the other windows, we see a fort and a flowing stream and gentle mountains.
Four of Swords in an Upright Position
- This swords tarot interpretation indicates being overwhelmed, overstimulated and leading an isolated life.
- The seeker might be in conflict with his family or friends, causing him to be an introvert.
- He should obey his instincts and devote time to being alone.
What Is Indicated When the Four of Swords Is in An Upright Position
- The seeker of the Four of Swords should rest.
- His wounds are still fresh and the battle weapons that surround him are unhappy reminders of his losses.
- He must now have a breather. To stop any further negativity, he must rest awhile and recuperate.
His earlier crises have worn him out, but after a rest, he can hope for a bright future.
Four of Swords Personality Types in Upright Position
- This swords tarot card refers to a calm and non-aggressive person who is generally amiable.
- He seeks a resolution that suits everyone.
- An introvert, he needs to consider all aspects of his life.
Four of Swords in a Reverse Position
This tarot swords card stands for restlessness in life. The seeker’s thoughts and value system interfere with his recuperation. If the seeker has met with an accident, this card is for him. He faces stagnation in his life and is a procrastinator.
What Is Indicated When the Four of Swords Is in A Reversed Position
- The seeker of this card is extremely exhausted, mentally and physically. Hence, pushing himself beyond permissible limits will only affect his health and relationships.
- Instead, he should rest and recuperate.
- At this time, he is also isolated from society. However, the good news is that this isn’t a permanent situation. With rest and the company of genuine friends, he can be his old self again.
Four of Swords Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- This personality cannot relax due to problems with his personal relations.
- He is too busy but cannot meet his targets.
- His mind is cluttered which is reflected by his messy home.
- He wants to enjoy good sleep at night and happy relationships.
- He is unclear about things, and so cannot deal with problems accurately. So, he cannot make a decision and remains stagnant.
Four of Swords in a Time-Based Position
Past: This card harks back to an age when the seeker was focused on a single thing which perhaps has kept him isolated from others.
Present: This means the seeker is averse to socializing and needs his own space.
Future: The seeker will have to reflect a lot on his future.
Work or Education: This card advises the seeker not to rush things, but to take things easy for a bit.
Romance: This card advises the seeker not to look for love now but to concentrate on himself and develop his own interests.
Friends: It’s time the seeker reduced his outings which cause exhaustion in him.
Money: You might be overspending, but actually you’re spending on daily needs. You’re also considering buying a car or a house. Give it thought before making a purchase.
Also read: Best Financial Advice: The Guide to Easily Get Your Finances in Order
Health: Calm down, relax and get your health in order.
Spirituality and Mentality: You seek solitude to sort out your thoughts. Practice mindfulness.
The Four of Swords is all about setting your problems aside and withdrawing from friends and family to think things out for yourself. If you wish to know more about this card visit here.