In the Five of Swords tarot card, a young man slyly picks up three swords lying on the ground. He looks over his shoulder to find two men, looking defeated, walking away. There is also the opposite card i.e. the 5 Of Swords Reversed or Five Of Swords Reversed which is also explained below for the benefit of our readers.
At the young man’s feet lie two more swords, suggesting that a battle has just been fought but lost. The sky is cloudy, denoting that times are bad even though the fighting is over.
5 of Swords in an Upright Position
- The seeker is faced with a conflict or dispute, causing tension and hostility.
- It might seem that he has won the conflict, but he may lose the war because he has upset many people.
- He may be isolated now.
- The time to reverse things of the past has come. The seeker should now stand up for himself against the conflict.
What Is Indicated When the Five of Swords Is in An Upright Position
- This swords tarot card represents betrayal, conflict, betrayal and fierce competition.
- Words hurled at the seeker are hurtful and people will lie to him.
- In a love reading, the other person isn’t she appears to be.
- This tarot swords card is apt for terrible situations and people.
5 of Swords Personality Types in Upright Position
- This card tarot interpretation represents the typical bully.
- He is extremely competitive, to the point of ensuring that his competition fails.
- He is a mischief-maker and loves creating unnecessary friction.
- The seeker lives and dies by the sword.
- He yearns for what he cannot achieve and his dreams turn nightmarish because someone pretending to be a friend stabs him in the back.
Five of Swords in a Reverse Position
The Five of Swords swords tarot meaning reversal depicts that all the seeker wants is for the bad times to come to an end so that he can start life afresh. Now that he is no longer as competitive as before, he can concentrate his energies on being positive and constructive.
What Is Indicated When the Five of Swords Is in A Reversed Position
- This swords tarot card shows that his stressful time is over and it’s time to move on.
- It is a Minor Arcana card signifying stress release, communication, negotiation, and challenges.
- However, it can also point to a rise in violence and revenge.
- The seeker is a huge risk-taker as he does not heed any warning signals.
- It also stands for one who is responsible for his actions.
5 of Swords Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- The seeker is going through some inner conflict and anger but does not express it.
- He shows that he is the victim and feels everyone is against him.
- He is a defeatist and totally unhappy.
- The seeker draws strength from strong people but on his own, he has no individuality.
- He feels absolutely worthless.
5 of Swords in a Time-Based Position
Past: This tarot swords card harks back to a time in the seeker’s life when he lacked any solid foundations to depend on. But he has been able to do better in life since then.
Present: Life is tough for the seeker with antagonistic people all around him. Find a solution to your problem.
Future: If there seems to be a conflict arising in the future, prepare to fight it now.
Work or Education: Give yourself time to see where you’re going and build routes to reach it.
Also Read our Blog on: Best Careers for Each Zodiac Sign
Romance: Conflicts will arise between the seeker and his partner.
Friends: The seeker’s friendships are mired in arguments and malicious gossip.
Money: Finances are tight and the seeker will have to lead a spartan life.
Health: People around the seeker will stress him out by bullying him.
Spirituality and Mentality: Negate the power that overpowering personalities are trying to wreak on you.
Though this card in upright position shows up a mean person who is totally unscrupulous, yet the reversed position shows him ready to mend his ways and move on in life. If you wish to know more about this card visit here.