The Six of Swords shows the silhouette of a woman and her child being rowed across the waters. Her head is covered and bowed, suggesting personal loss as she moves away from a painful past. Her child sits close to her, seeking her warmth and comfort while they make their water journey. There is also the opposite swords tarot card i.e. the 6 Of Swords Reversed or Six Of Swords Reversed which is also explained below for the benefit of our readers.
In front of them are arranged six swords, meaning that the mother and child are carrying the baggage of their painful past with them. The water on the side of the woman is turbulent but on the side of the child is serene. Overall, the imagery denotes that they are leaving a turbulent past behind for peaceful times.
6 of Swords in an Upright Position
- Thistarot swords card stands for peace and progress after a period of hard times.
- It also guides the seeker towards intuition.
What Is Indicated When the Six of Swords Is in An Upright Position
- This is a transitory period in a woman’s life. She will soon have a new home as she is forced to take this decision. this swords tarot interpretation runs deep.
- The lady may be sad to leave her familiar surroundings but she moves towards a stage of personal growth.
- She should look to the future and be positive about it, though this is a compromise for her.
- The new changes in her life feel like she’s carrying a heavy load on her shoulders.
- The six swords are limiting her from progressing in life. She must choose what she wants from them before she goes into the future.
6 of Swords Personality Types in Upright Position
- The seeker is a good problem-solver.
- He is intelligent, can learn new skills and adapt to new environments.
- He seeks a better life for himself.
6 of Swords in a Reverse Position
This swords tarot meaning stands for an individual entering troubled times and moving from one bad situation to another. The person feels trapped in a situation and finds nowhere to hide. Overall, it’s a card of instability, turbulence and slow healing.
It also depicts a person returning from an enjoyable holiday. Water-based natural calamities cannot be ruled out.
What Is Indicated When the Six of Swords Is in A Reversed Position
- The seeker has been trying to improve his situation and make the necessary moves, though difficult.
- However, he keeps looking back at unresolved issues.
- He could also be resisting change in his life.
- The seeker should consider all the benefits his move will give him, instead of dwelling in the past. The card advises him to be forward-looking.
6 of Swords Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- The seeker is one who cannot stay buoyant for long.
- He disobeys authority and is a habitual rule-breaker.
- He needs others’ help all the time.
- People close to him are fed up with him. But he finds someone else to latch on to.
Six of Swords in a Time-Based Position
Past: This is a period of conflict experienced in the past that the seeker overcame at one time.
Present: The seeker’s life is on an upswing with all past burdens resolved.
Future: This swords tarot card depicts that the seeker will overcome all his problems.
Work or Education: Check if the seeker is satisfied with his current work or educational status.
Romance: The seeker’s romantic relationship is soon going to end. Perhaps, there’s something he and his partner can discuss and solve.
Friends: The seeker needs just a little more time to grow as an individual.
Money: Financially, the seeker is in a very good phase.
Health: The seeker is in excellent health.
Spirituality and Mentality: Ask people how they accommodate their notion of spirituality in their lives.
The Six of Swords’ underlying characteristic concerns getting rid of old baggage and being optimistic about the future. If you wish to know more about this card visit here.