The Eight of Swords tarot card shows a woman tied up and blindfolded. She is surrounded by eight swords that bind her down. This suggests that her thoughts and beliefs prevent her from moving ahead in life. There is also the opposite card i.e. the 8 Of Swords Reversed or Eight Of Swords Reversed which is also explained below for the benefit of our readers.
If, however, she removed her blindfold, she could easily escape to a place that she wants to be. Puddles of water at her feet suggest that what her eyes cannot see, her intuition will surely do.
8 of Swords in an Upright Position
This swords tarot card in the upright position represents someone stuck in a cycle repeated ad nauseam or a feeling of being trapped by external forces. This person may be scared of his situation and might be reluctant to move out. The seeker should realize that there are ways of overcoming his problems. But for this to happen, the seeker must first acknowledge the problem.
What Is Indicated When the Eight of Swords Is in An Upright Position
- The seeker is confused and unsure of what’s happening in his life. This tarot swords meaning also means that his intuition is overridden by others.
- When combined with the Seven of Swords, this card means that certain matters are being kept a secret from the seeker.
8 of Swords Personality Types in Upright Position
- This person is very intelligent but his intellectualism prevents him from seeing the big picture.
- He gets caught up with unimportant issues, causing confusion.
- The seeker is misunderstood and cannot make informed decisions.
- He chooses to focus on image and appearance, not substance.
8 of Swords in a Reverse Position
This swords tarot card means that after a period of self-doubt, the seeker is accepting his responsibilities in life with maturity. He makes good decisions because he is confident of himself and can effect a change in himself and the world at large. He acknowledges that the time to set himself free of past baggage and move into a world of newness has come.
What Is Indicated When the Eight of Swords Is in A Reversed Position
- The seeker is weighed down by his doubts and fears, because of which he cannot move forward.
- Though he knows where he should be, he remains where he is but has flights of fancy. He prefers to return to an earlier time of his life.
- He hankers for the past and isn’t satisfied with his present.
8 of Swords Personality Types in a Reversed Position
- The seeker is liable to harm himself.
- He tries to save himself but cannot take a step forward.
- The seeker cannot distinguish between right and wrong and is happy to take the easy route.
- He has low self-esteem and has no value of his own power.
Eight of Swords in a Time-Based Position
Past: Though the seeker felt trapped in the past, he managed to break the shackles and be free. He should avoid that experience.
Present: Bad times teach us lessons in life. They are only temporary and we must try to cope with them.
Future: One must deal with all the negativity in life as part and parcel of life.
Work or Education: Are you stuck in your job? Things will soon change for you.
Romance: If your romantic relationship isn’t happy, it’s best to snap ties and look for another partner.
Friends: Your friends are sponging off you, so break off from them.
Money: Sort out your financial problems with a lot of consideration and keep your finances under control.
Health: Take proper advice about your health issues and if there’s a load on your chest, get it off quickly.
Spirituality and Mentality: Think about your relationships and accept the good with the bad.
Also read: How to Attract Good Luck
The Eight of Swords tarot card is about an individual trapped in time and place. With the right advice, he can come out of his problems and face life squarely. If you wish to know more about this card visit here.